Types of hosting services
A hosting service refers to stashing and/or sharing particular web content on a web hosting server run by a web hosting vendor. There are different classes of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's review these. In this way, you can determine what you want, based on whether you wish to create a web page, email addresses, or to share files with mates and partners.
- File hosting: a service provided by various file storage providers, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a certain amount of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely amiss explanation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would distribute the load between different groups of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different website hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a brand of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given vendors provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting brand is appropriate if you desire to share a great number of pictures with comrades or associates since the solution is generally free of cost. You will receive a random link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your mailbox accounts. Some corporations offer web hosting services for web sites, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you want to get an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a website, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can set up mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video creates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to own as many video files as you wish without hassling about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to run a web site. To a certain extent, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and electronic mail accounts, upload videos, etc. At 9 Cube Hosting, for instance, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that allow you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting package may be better or worse compared with the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are intended for particular content solely.